Monday, October 22, 2012

Where you go...

Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” Ruth 1:17

The Book of Ruth has always been my absolute favorite book of the Bible. I may apply it to life in ways that may be considered by some differently but each has their own scripture that hits home. For me, I apply parts of the Book of Ruth to my marriage. But Ruth replied, “Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.  Ruth 1:16b.   Where you go, you're people will be my people...

I'm reading a book right now called Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman. Amazing book but it has some truth to it that is a hard pill to swallow. It talks about how Jesus wants us to be faithful sacrificial followers of Him not just "Jesus fish" on the bumper fans. Yes, there is a difference (and now I will enter the "offender zone" where some or most will not agree with my opinion). Hey, I'm just applying what Kyle says, blame him (but read the book first, good stuff). So how do I work in the Book of Ruth, being a fan of Christ and my husband all in the same post?

Its no secret that I absolutely adore my husband. He is truly everything God knew I always needed in one person (wow, I know) and so much more. My husband was given to my by God. Nothing I had every done on my own thinking I had a "type" ever turned out to be real until I met Jimmie. Then all the sudden the world made sense. I don't deserve him. I cherish my husband. As a husband, as my partner in life, a father to my children and as a friend, he is amazing to me. I love my husband. I honor him, I respect him, I believe in him, I support him, would do anything for him, he knows me, he loves me. When my relationship with Christ is the most exclusive relationship in my life, then every other relationship in my life will flourish with God's truth and wisdom.
 
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12




No comments:

Post a Comment