Monday, September 10, 2012

30 days of what....

Yes, I have an incredibly short attention span. Its genetic (FYI, always blame your parents...) so I have to embrace my flaws (and blame my parents). So, I haven't exactly started off my month of "Pinning" with a bang. A failed attempt at making my own babies wipes was the best I could do first week of September.
 
Having 2 kids now basically means take all your extra money and toss it in the toilet then flush. Might have to give a courtesy flush to make sure all the extra money has successfully been sucked away. OK, back on track, what I'm getting to is the fact that now there are 2 kids I have to be creative when it comes to gifting.I haven't exactly been keeping up with fulfilling all the great ideas pinned politely on my work computer but this past weekend I really found a winner. 
 
Someone pinned http://glitteradventure.blogspot.com/2006/11/exploding-box-class.html which the writer calls "Exploding Box Class". Looked cute. The writer basically takes some scrapbook paper, card stock and pictures to create a little "picture book" in a box. I can totally do scrap booking so this was my chance for redemption in failing at the first 8 days of September! The writer not only writes great step by step directions (attention span issues, remember) but your finished project looks just like how she explained. I love these little boxes. I wish I could have kept one but I made them for my son's teachers so I had to give them away. I highly recommend pinning and trying the tutorial from Glitter Adventure!

I titled my boxes "Follow Me from 2 to 3"
 
Take the lid off and they just pop open.
 
They turned out so cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment