Thursday, August 23, 2012

Did I mention I only get an hour and a half to save the world?

Now that I've officially returned to work (mentally, physically I've been back for 4 weeks now), my mornings include the chaos of being half-asleep-semi-hysterical with trying to not forget my breast milk and getting out the door on time. Pack the purse, pump, lunch, kids lunch, kids bags and car snacks all in the hour and a half I have to get out the door in the morning and not be late to work. I have a husband,a good one, but it wouldn't sound so dramatic if I said he helped me.

What I didn't mention in my morning ritual was my hostage negotiator skills trying to dress a 3 year old and the fashion runway show of clothes going on and off my 4 month old (I still have clothes in the drawer that she's grown out of...). Did I mention that I only get an hour and a half in the mornings to save the world? I constantly panic over the feeling that if I didn't forget something for the kids then I must have forgotten to turn off my curling iron (kind of like OCD and ADHD packed in a short 5'2" frame).
 
After successfully getting in the truck with no time to spare, I take both my kids to be raised by someone  else for 8 hours of my day (at least its not by wolves) then I spend the rest of my day gazing at pictures of them on my social network to make sure I don't forget what they look like. If missing my kids during the day wasn't bad enough, I return to work meeting demands of everyone asking me in 1 day what they've needed to know for the past 12 weeks. Sigh. Now added to my daily routine at work I have to find time to go pump 3 times a day where I'm fairly confident anyone can hear the romantic sound of my Medela Pump In Style going "waka waka waka" through the door.

So this is my day. Up at 5am, herd the kittens (can't wait until Runchkin starts to walk, will be fun chasing 2), pack the snacks,  hit the road and off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment